What can I do with my degree?
Creative Arts graduates have a variety of careers available to them. The field has a strong vocational link with many courses designed to provide a route to a related career, and many students wishing to pursue a career in the sector, which incorporates music, dance, drama, musical theatre, film, media, animation and production courses.
The skills gained from a degree in Creative Arts include:
- Creative and critical skills
- Teamwork – as you collaborate with other professionals
- Self-motivation and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – to express your ideas
- Reflective skills – as you critique both your own and others work
- Entrepreneurial skills – many jobs in the sector are freelance and you have to be able to promote your skills
- Resilience – persistence and determination are crucial
- Problem solving and decision making – in live performance you need to think fast if things aren’t going to plan
Further ideas and resources
The Prospects and Target Jobs websites are good sources of careers information and resources for social work students.
Finding a graduate job
Don’t forget to look at our graduate vacancies to explore where to find roles including those in the North West if you are planning to stay local once you graduate.Edge Hill graduate vacancies Finding graduate vacancies in the North West
Volunteering is a great way to develop your skills. Employers value experience developed in many different settings.
We have curated this collection of useful websites for students and graduates looking for employment in roles related to Creative Arts.